Monday, March 14, 2011

Daylight Savings?

So, with the recent clock change to Central Daylight Time, I thought I'd be somewhat tired from losing an hour of sleep. Truth be told, the time change had little effect on my circadian rhythm this time. Usually I have some sleep lag, but I feel good about the change this year.

Interesting thing I heard on the radio today though. Apparently the dairy cows get really stressed out over having to be milked by farmers an hour earlier then they are use to. I wonder if the milk they do produce is somewhat less nutritious for the time it takes their bodies to adjust to the new milking schedule? It would be neat to see a study on the value of milk post daylight savings.

Well, with the new time schedule, the warmth of spring is bound to make everyone more happy. The spring melt will no doubt be welcomed with hesitation this year in Manitoba. The "flood" will no doubt seep its moisture into the minds of Manitobans this spring.

University is almost done for this term. The absence of a strike by teaching faculty has made less room for my procrastination with assignments. Two weeks until exams seems like a lot of time, but it really isn't when you take into account the daily chores of life.

Now that I think of it, I really do not have that much time to blog either.

Until next time, take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment